|This is similar to the Yarn I used to get the stripped look, mine were obv. of the Valentine Colors.|
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Ladies and Gentlelads start your Glue Guns!
I have to start off by saying that I may be the only girl in the world who does not get overly excited about Valentine Day or its Decor. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful BF who spoils the heck out of me. But for us, Valentine's Day is more of any everyday sorta thing, rather than a once a year! Can I get an AMEN from any of the ladies out there?
However, this year I decided to switch it up! I have always been a huge fan of wreaths for the front door and love to make them myself. There is something about a gorgeous wreath smiling at you as you leave each morning and return home from "those" long days at the office.
I was able to do the entire front door for about $12! Unfortunately, SOMEONE had lost the 40% off coupon from Michael's that I asked him to put in a safe spot. . . So for those of you who are coupon savvy, rest assure that you can do it on the mega cheap!.
For this project you will need. . .
* 4-5 Individual Paper Sizes Felt Squares
*A Skein of yarn
*Hot Glue or Felt Glue
*Any type of yarn/ribbon/sting for the garland
For the Wreath, Simply take one end of the yarn and hot glue it to the Foam Wreath. Then TIGHTLY wrap the yarn around the entire wreath without cutting the yarn. If you wrap tight enough, you should be able to simply glue the other end of the yarn once the wreath has been wrapped with out it unraveling (this is coming from someone who didn't wrap it tight enough the first time!). To get the stripped look, purchase the yarn that has individual 2-4 inch color strips spun in, see pic below. Not the Solid color yarn that has specs of colors. Then decorate accordingly. I just glued hand cut hearts onto the side for some whimsy.
For the Garland, Take your Yarn, Ribbon or Sting and measure the proper swag length over your door making sure to leave 2-4 inches extra on each side to tie it to a nail. Then cut your hearts. I found it easiest to take your felt and cut it into squares the desired size of your hearts (NOTE: this does not have to be perfect!) Next, pick one of your 4 sides to your square and use that as the point to your heart. Simply cut your "heart hump" from there and you have a perfect point every time! Once you have enough hearts cut ( 4 felt papers worth) lay the hearts down side by side, take glue and put a dot in the center of each heart, lay the string in the glue and then add a second heart on top to make a double heart string glue sandwich! Dry and Hang!
Send along pics of your Valentine's Door! The ideas are endless. . Happy Crafting :)
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Holy cow! I cant believe the number of people that are looking at our Blog, Shout out to the Pinterest Crew!
Because of this, James and I decided that we cant leave our loving fans hanging high and dry so we will be blogging in full force ( Im VERY excited about this!)
We have lots to catch you up on so stayed tuned over the next week as I bring you up to speed! Some things to come are
1. Cowboys vs. Steeler game ( Dont want to talk about the score, but we had a blast!)
2. Our Finally Finished Office! We did it soooo cheap, like paint, furniture, organization the whole thing people for less than $200
3. The Bridal Shower Plans for my BFF Wedding in June :)
4. The yummy food we have been making that has caused us to start working out ( Pants are getting a little tight)
5. AND drum roll please!!!! We are starting to redo furniture and sell it for all of our adoring fans! I am very very excited about this. Not only can those who are not crafty buy some very yummy pieces for pretty cheap, but it will inspire or "pinspire" those of you at home who want try it yourself!
Stay tuned. . Just need to go home and snap some better photos of our rooms and we are off to the races!
-Chelsea, James and Zoey!
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Holy Cow, Has it really been 4 weeks since my last post! So much has been happening! Here is a quick run down. . . Actually lets do top
10 13 events of our life over the past 4 weeks!
1. James moved cross country to Texas!
2. I got a new job within IBM :)
3. Zoey turned 7 months old!
4. We watched my girlfriends 2 labs in our 750 sq ft apartment for 10 days : /
5. We had a very nice 4th of July with all of our friends in Texas
6. We painted our living room Blue and are in the process of redecorating!
7. For watching my girlfriends labs she bought us a BEAUTIFUL CUISENART FOOD PROCESSOR
8. My mother bought us 10 ft long iPhone charging cords ( HOLY COW! Its super nice not having to bend over the side of the bed to read a text message! ) Thanks MOM!
9. I turned our entry coat closet into a Craft Closet!
10. James brought Zoey up to work with 2 dozen roses and a Diet Vanilla Coke from QuickTrip as a surprise!
11. We made 100% Homemade Pizzas
12. James Job hunt is quickly being narrowed down and between 3 amazing companies with 3 amazing salaries!
13. James and I had a pedicure at the spa :) How Nice it is to have someone rub your feet!